Print

05 October 2018

Butterfly, Colour Blast

Today I'm sharing a page I did on retreat last month.
I was lucky enough to borrow some of the Colour Artist Inks in colours I don't normally use from a friend.  It didn't take long to realise that I need to get them all.  They are so gorgeous and easy to work with.


I started by heat embossing in white some butterflies.  I did this on water colour paper in just a random pattern but concentrated mainly on the middle area of the page.


I dropped some Colour Artist Inks in OasisLimeCitrusBerrySlipper and Sunburnt (which I didn't end up using) into a palette.
For this page, I'd actually chosen my photo first so these colours were chosen to match the butterfly on Miss Mackenzie's face.



I've then added some water to the page with a thick water colour brush.  I started in the middle, bringing the water out and over the butterflies.
Once I started adding Colour Artist Inks to the page, I did it in the same way.  One colour at a time, following a line of water and leading it out over the butterflies. I added more water as needed to help the ink flow.


I just used a paper towel to mop up any excess and have also heat dried between some colours to prevent it looking muddy.


I decided to use one of the butterfly stamps as an embellishment for the top of the layout.
For this I have heat embossed some Colour Embossing Powder, Dusty Charcoal, on some vellum.  


I assembled a few goodies for my photo stack.


The heat embossed butterfly has been fussy cut and adhered to the page with Scrap Dots for some dimension.


Hope you've been inspired.


post signature

No comments: