Print

02 June 2020

Bee You for Scrap FX

Hi everyone, hope you're all well.

Today's share is a piece on some mixed media paper.

It started with some gloss sprays and the Doily White, using this as a stencil when spraying.  The crackle that I have added is Nuvo Crackle Mousse.

I have then glued a key from the Bunch of Keys to the top of a Steampunk Bee. I then coloured the globe part of the bee with some Bee Arty black gesso and  and gave the whole piece a couple of coats of gold gesso.    I have also painted a few Random Numbers with gold gesso and placed these around my focal point.

I added some highlights to the bee with foil and Deco Foil medium.  I would usually just use glue and wait until tacky, then rub on but I had a new thing to try so gave it a go.  Worked the same way though, just added and waited until almost dry then rubbed on the foil.

I have also used some torn pieces from the Storybook Text Rice Paper around my page.  These have just been adhered with some Matte Medium.

The title on my page has been made by some awesome newbies this month, the Label Maker Negative and Sketchy Lower Case Transparency.   I just cut the letters I wanted to use from the sheets and added these with matte medium.

Doily WHITE  Bunch of Keys  Steampunk BEE LARGE

Random Numbers  Storybook Text

Hope you've been inspired ♥

post signature

No comments: