Print

02 November 2018

You, for Colour Blast

Hi Colour Blast fans, today's share features one of my fur babies and lots of Colour Blast goodness.

I've started out with my normal, a piece of white card stock and swiped a few nice, thick few lines of Colour Blast Black Heavy Gesso right across the middle of the page.  I have just used the end of an old rewards card for this.  It fits in the jar perfectly.


While this was drying, which doesn't take too long, I mixed some water with a little Colour Shimmer Dust in Peacock.  
With a thick brush I've then swiped this along the top and bottom edge of the almost dry gesso.

When my Shimmer Dust arrived in the mail I was so excited and just had to have a quick play.  
I did a couple of quick swatches on a scrap of paper.
I got Peacock, Paris and Midnight.
They are so pretty and shimmery that I didn't want to waste any of it.

I used the swatches to make my embellishments for the page.
I stamped a few flowers and heat embossed these.  Once fussy cut I've used a black marker to draw around the edges the flowers.  This hides any imperfections in your cutting and if you use a thick marker, it can also add a little shadow and dimension to your fussy cutting.


Before assembling my layout I did a little messy journaling and spattered some more Peacock Shimmer Dust mixed with water.


A little gold thread and a few jewels to finish it off.


Hope you've been inspired.

post signature

No comments: