Print

26 July 2012

Sweet Afternoon

My entry in this months Sketches With a Twist.

You also had to doodle on your page, there's not much there, but there is some ♥

In the past I have not enjoyed doing sketches at all, but lately I'm really loving sitting down and having a go at them.
I have used the gorgeous Teresa Collins Sweet Afternoon collection and bits for this page.  I only have 1 page left of this collection and I'm starting to think I may need to grab another pack.  The papers are gorgeous.

The photos on this page are really old and cropped down so a little blurry but I don't care.  It was taken with old Kodak digital which from memory was 2 mp but at the time very modern and exciting.


  Now you may not be able to see it, but excuse the eyelash I have across my mouth.  I saw it when I was uploading the pics and couldn't be bothered taking more ☺


Again I've used my Crafters Workshop Template with  embossing powder.  This one is the Lindys Stamp Gang  Twilight Blue Slate.

There's also a couple of dies in here as well, a few bits of washi and some goodies from Handmade Halo and D-Lish Scraps


and speaking of dies, here is a little share I did on the Passion4Paper blog.

I do have something that I absolutely love, to share with you today, and it's my new Artbin Magnetic Die Case.  I have been busting for a decent way to store all my dies for ages and this is it!  Binder rings and draws were OK when it was just the spellbinders but now so many of the Dies are teeny weeny tiny that they get lost in my draw amoung all the others.


I love this little case!  I have 6 magnetic sleeves in mine so far.  The case comes with 3 and there is enough room for 21 sheets!    I love being able to open it and just flick the pages and see exactly the one I want when I need it.


  You can see that the sheets are perfect for storing the Spellbinder Nestabilities too!



 ♥

6 comments:

Laurie said...

you did a great job with this sketch, I love the embossed diamonds and your banner is sooo detailed and pretty, thanks so much for sharing it with us at swat!! :)))

Lizzyc said...

Hi.. so much to look at on your layout, a great take on the sketch, and I love the banner!! and thanks for joining in at Sketches with a twist!

Jodi Dolbel said...

Fabulous embossing!! Love it! Gonna "borrow" that technique me thinks! great layout! Thanks for joining us at SWAT

Peg said...

Such a pretty page, love all the details :-)

ddazzled71 said...

This is such a pretty take on the sketch. Your choice of colors and embellishments particularly your banner are beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at SWAT this month and I do hope you will join us again.
Danie xx

Rachael Funnell said...

FULLY DELIGHTFUL layout Love that Embossing... THANKS for playing along July's SWAT Challenge...