Print

08 June 2009

This weeks challenges

I've done a couple of cards again for this weeks challenge blogs.
This first one is for the Whiff of Joy challenge. Same stamp as last week but it's the only one I've got so far. Criteria this week was to use a charm so I've pulled out all my jewellery making gear and put this one together. I love this shiny Making Memories paper!
This is for the Just Magnolia Challenge Blog. Again, same stamp as I used last week, but it's just so cute. The criteria there this week is a sketch.
This last card is the one I made for my step mums birthday this week....same stamp again...can you tell this one's my favourite!!!


I tried something a little different with my colouring this weekend. I own 1, yes 1, Copic marker and decided I wanted to colour in an image with my pens. I have over 100 Marvy Le Plume markers so I'm not lacking in colours. I used these and my 1 Copic to colour an image and I really couldn't tell the difference between my Marveys and the Copic. Still didn't like the image and it went in the bin, so sticking to my pencils I think. Much more control of the colour.

So the plan for my long day weekend was to scrap. I haven't scrapped anything in ages. That plan went out the window today when I realised I had a project due in a couple of weeks for Scrapbook Creations and I hadn't composed anything or prepared the steps. A few hours later and I think I'm sorted. They want a photo too. Does anyone have a good photo I could borrow!! I think taking a pic of myself is going to be the hardest part of this challenge.

I got a new toy this week too. My Cricut came! Yay!!! But I don't know what to do with it. I've had a little play but I'm so lacking in inspiration lately that I've spent more time looking at it than using it.

Hope everyone enjoys the extra day off this weekend.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

fabulous card Ros, they are all fabulous, great colouring and detail. hugs Rachxx

strawberry fields said...

such pretty cards
fiona x

Bec said...

WOW, Ros these cards are just amazing.. I loev love love them.. Bec xx

Janiel/ janny said...

You hae been a busy girl!!! :o)
Love your cards....great coloring.. janny

Suzette said...

Great card Ros..and thank for the wonderful comment on mine. I love your colours and your cards are wonferful.

Kim said...

Ros what BEAUTIFUL creations hun! I adore all of them! The charm on the WOJ card is adorable and love how you accented Tildas envelope on your pink card! Great work hun! Thanks for the kind comments on my blog...you are sooooo sweet!
Hugs~ Kim

Tab said...

oooh I love your cards, such a sweet images and the colours are divine. Great take on the sketch too!
Hugs Tab xxx

Tammy said...

Hi beautiful, well I can see why that stamp is your fave, she is just so sweet. Yes you are right about my fabric too, I'm going to attempt some PJ's. :) That could be interesting!

SannaS said...

Fabulous cards! Just gorgeous! =) Love them all!
Thanks for stopping by and for your kind words!
Hugs, SannaS

Diamond Doll said...

Gorgeous cards Ros, i love the charm you used on the WOJ card.
Trish (-:

Melissa said...

Oh Ros, I can totally see why you love the Tilda stamp.She is soo gorgeous .Love how you added in the little letter on the envelope too.You will be getting a bit of happy mail winging its way to you this week.Can't wait to hear what you think of them.

Unknown said...

Hi Ros, cute cards. Yay you got a Cricut. Did you get the SCAL software too? Good luck finding your scrapping mojo, I've lost mine too. :)

peachy said...

gorgeous cards ros, thats awesome that you got your cricut, i felt the same way when i got mine, i just kept looking at it, but now i use it all the time and love it

Leah said...

Gorgeous Ros!! They're absolutely bloody gorgeous!! Your little Tilda is soooo cute :)

I've been playing with my copics, but still have to make cards out of the finished images... they take a fair bit of getting used to (and I've binned a couple too), but I love that you can blend them together to create a whole new colour or to get a shading effect, and they are soooo super smooth!!

Good luck with the challenges!! Hope you win!!

Bev said...

Fabulous cards, such wonderful detail! Thanks for joining us at JM this week x

Naoual said...

Beautiful card, I love the colours and papers you used!

Thank you for joining Just Magnolia this week,

xx Naoual