Print

06 November 2014

Hello fun, D-lish Scraps share

This month I decided to have a play around with some old photos.
Maybe not the best quality of pic, but definitely an awesome trip down
memory lane.

The photos here are of Jordan wearing some crazy, googly glasses.

I wanted to use the colours in the glasses on my layout but didn't want
it to have a girly feel.

I wanted something colourful and fun.


My background has again started out with some heat embossing and a bit
of stencil work.

The next thing I did was take 3 of these awesome looking Wood Veneer


I wanted more, no matter what I did I could not get them to sit on my page
 how I had it pictured in my head.

So I cut them up :)

I started with 3 frames and ended up with 7 pieces of wood veneer  to
decorate my page with.


I first painted my veneers with gesso.   I have then added some texture with
some whipped spackle.  Once dried, my circles have been coloured 
with distress ink and the edges inked with black.
Finished off with some Dimensional Magic.



I have done the same with this cute little Wood Veneer Heart.


I've added other goodies with nice bright colours to complement the
circles and Jords googly glasses, D-lish Dots, and more D-lish Dots, a Mini Peg,
a couple of Journal It's, a quote from the Everyday Moments Wordfetti and
a coloured doily.


I made my title with some Freckled Fawn Wood chip Words which I have again
painted with gesso, coloured with inks and finished with Dimensional Magic.


I finished my page off with some torn pieces of washi tape.
These were a last minute addition as I'd decided to journal around my little circles.

Half of it was illegible and the other half just looked really, really sad.

So I covered it in washi and just added bits of it randomly where there wasn't
writing just to even the look of the page out.

But that's our little secret, if anyone asks we can
just tell them it's a design element ♥


post signature

2 comments:

Maria said...

What a fun layout Ros. Love it!

Flutterby Designs said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!