Print

20 September 2012

My Race Around the World

and am loving it.

The first challenge I was really out of my comfort
zone.  We started in Australia and I've always
struggled with using our colours and australiana.
The criteria for this stop was

♥ use Aussie slang on your layout.
♥ include an Aussie image or Aussie animal
♥ use a border punch or scallops to represent the large iconic
structures (opera house, ulura, rugged coastlines)

I really did struggle at first.  
I had made the sun with texture paste and
an embellie from Charm but I couldn't get past that.
I decided to swap photos and with the green
in the pic here of Gaz, with the camel at
Australia Zoo, it just started coming together.


ewww....camel spit!


Love this Prima flourish.


Our next challenge was a detour with the following criteria, 

♥ Scrap a layout or 3 card set with either a postage stamp,
envelope or some hidden journalling to get
your letter sent to your loved ones and get you back in the race.

I love how my page has turned out.  Some more
 gorgeous My Minds Eye from my stash.


Lots to look at.  One of my Prickly Pear bird
stamps.  Some wings cut with La La Land dies.  My little
envelope stamps and die cut envelope and some
hearts from Wplus9.  A little card from Kaisercraft.


Plus some goodies from Handmade Halo.


A Prima zip thingy and bird.
And my boy ♥

This next leg of the challenge, we're off to Asia.
  I've got Japan and am yet to make a start on it.
Not even an idea yet.

Enjoy


 ♥

1 comment:

Al Hannah said...

Great layouts Ros ... love that first one especially - very cool techniques !!