Print

02 February 2020

Too Cool for School for Scrap FX

Hi there, today I'm sharing my layout featuring a few of this months new releases all about school.


I have no step by steps to share today.  That's because I did this page 4 times.  Four backgrounds, heaps of step by steps, but none of this one.  You ever do a page that just will not work for you?  After 3 failed attempts I decided to change the background colour to and then it all went a lot more smoothly.

It's a little bit like the photos on my page.  This was Jordan's first day of school with lots of mucking around before he actually gave me a smile.  Pre my digital days too, the most pics you could take at a time was 24 so there was no just clicking away until you got a good one.  It was fingers crossed that when they were developed you were lucky enough to have the perfect shot.

I have used the new Number Set Stamps to add the year of the photos.  This stamp is perfect, I didn't have to cut it in to individual pieces.  The numbers are spaced out enough that you can stamp them individually or as a lot.
Colour Blast Shimmer Dust has been used for my background and then the Numbers Set Stamp has been randomly stamped around this.

The Directional Collage chipboard has been cut in half.  This was coloured with a Sharpie and I added one piece under my title and the other in the bottom corner.

And because I can't not pull anything apart, my title is just one word from the School is Cool chipboard piece.  For this I heat embossed with a couple of different blue powders.

Directional Collage  Number set stamps   School is Cool
Hope you've been inspired.
post signature

No comments: