Print

02 February 2020

Find Joy in the Ordinary for Scrap FX

Hello, hope the start of 2020 has been kind to you.
Today I am sharing a piece that features this month Steampunk release and to say I was out of my comfort zone is an understatement.  With a little guidance from some of the DT ladies I got started and totally enjoyed the process.
First up I started by trimming around the edge of the Music Collage Paper and adhered this with matte gel to some mixed media paper..  In hindsight I probably could have just glued the whole sheet to the page.  Once dried, I have used a thin wash of Colour Blast shimmer dust to colour the page and then used distress ink and the Targets Stencil around the edge of the collage paper.
I've then added gesso to all my chipboard pieces.  I used the large Steampunk Dreamcatcher as my central piece and have coloured this with Colour Blast shimmer dust.  I did the same to one of the Flying Note chipboards.
I glued some die cut and some Numbers Silhouette pieces to the background.  Next I deconstructed the small Steampunk Dreamcatcher and assembled my piece, adding one layer at a time.
Once assembled, I poked in a Wings Transparency that I painted the back of with gold posca pen.
Using a dry paint brush I have added aqua and gold paints to the piece.  Some Seeing Stars have been scattered around the page, these have been painted with a copper posca pen.
There is also a little stamping around the page with the Numbers Crunch Stamp.

Steampunk Dreamcatcher LARGE      Steampunk Dreamcatcher SMALL   Flying Notes
Wings transparency   Music collage paper   Targets stencil
Numbers silhouette SMALL    Seeing Stars
Hope you've been inspired ♥

post signature

No comments: