Print

16 June 2019

Paint Long and Prosper and a mixed media stand for Scrap FX

Hi, thank you for joining me again this month.  Today I'm sharing a simple art journal page and and little off the page project.
After painting my background, I have adhered some Bookprint Transparency to my background.  I just cut random pieces of this and used matte medium to stick it down in 3 places to form a visual triangle.
I've then taken one of my scrap pages that I started a background on a while ago that I wasn't happy with.  I think I've said before that I always keep these to re purpose them for future projects.   I've used a sponge and black paint with the Flower Buds Stencil and once cut, used these to make the bodies/dresses of my Queens.
For my title I have cut a strip from the Art Words Transparency and painted behind this with a posca pen.
Flower Buds stencil  Bookprint transparency  Art Words transparency
My next project began with a desk stand that my friend Deena Otway gave a few of us at a retreat a couple of years ago.  I finally got around to painting it and love how it's turned out.
After giving it a couple of coats of chalk paint I have used the Paint Brushes Stencil and black paint on the ends of the stand.  I then coloured each brush with paint pens and went over the top of this with the stencil again to neaten the finish.
I added a paintbrush to the front and also the word Create from the Create with Passion Stencil.
I love it so much that I'm going to make a permanent spot on my desk for it.
Create with passion stencil  Paint Brushes stencil
Hope you've been inspired.

post signature

No comments: